Hall of Mirrors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hall of Mirrors

This site is for pro-ed and pro-recovery. No matter what age, no matter what stage of an ed, no matter what kind of ed, you can find support and tips here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Step Forward and Take a Bow

Go down 
+4
Aki
Pur[ed]
spiderr
mirroraddict
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mirroraddict
Ring Master/Admin
mirroraddict

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Step Forward and Take a Bow Empty
PostSubject: Step Forward and Take a Bow   Step Forward and Take a Bow Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:20 pm

We're glad to have you here. So step forward and introduce yourself!

(I must add, make sure you check the family meeting's section for the board rules Wink )

Last edited by mirroraddict on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mirroraddicts.forumotion.net
mirroraddict
Ring Master/Admin
mirroraddict

Number of posts : 117

PostSubject: *bows*   Step Forward and Take a Bow Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:25 pm

jocolor I thought I'd be the first one to introduce myself.

Name: You can call me HC.
On the ED side of things: I am in full swing with my ed, but I am capable of supporting those recovering as well.
Stickynote: I'm a dork!! Feel free to pm me anytime. If I end up getting too many pm's then I might be slow in replying. I'm also a very very visual person... aka a picture/smiley fanatic.
Funny quote: "Don't knock on death's door. Ring the doorbell and run like mad... he hates that."
Pet: ( <Taco

Feel free to ask me questions.

Last edited by mirroraddict on Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mirroraddicts.forumotion.net
spiderr
Working the Concession Stand

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Step Forward and Take a Bow   Step Forward and Take a Bow Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:34 pm

i guess I'm the second. Call me Spider (some of my friends do). I'm looking forward to getting/giving support here. And having fun convos. I can also be pathetically shy so please bear with me.
Back to top Go down
Pur[ed]
Circus-Goer
Circus-Goer
Pur[ed]

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Hi!   Step Forward and Take a Bow Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 4:15 pm

You may all call me Pure. I am 27 years old, and Ana has been a part of my life for 13 years. [Long time, I know]

She comes and goes. I deal with it.

If you want to know about me, ask me. I'm an open book.

You can also visit my myspace page at
www.myspace.com/pur_ed
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pur_ed
Aki
Circus-Goer
Circus-Goer

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Step Forward and Take a Bow   Step Forward and Take a Bow Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:56 am

Hi, I'm Aki... Told I was obese as a baby, put into ballet at 2, retired when I was 17 but retained all of the unhealthy body image concerns. To this day I'm trying to make peace... My aim every day is to psych myself up enough to eat a certain amount (some days a safe 500, some days something more normal like 1200). If I don't, it's nearly impossible to eat, and then I'll end up binging after a few weeks. That's my story, my life revolves around food. I have no life o.o
Back to top Go down
avaria_grazia
Posting Posters
Posting Posters

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Step Forward and Take a Bow   Step Forward and Take a Bow Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:36 am

Hi i'm avaria_grazia just call me AG

I'm Female and 19
As far as ED things go i've only had mine for about 7mnth but its been 7mnths of hell
I'm sort of in recovery but not really (taking a break right now) so i'm here to support those who are in recovery and talk with those who are contemplating it or not even interested in it but just want to talk about ED things
Feel Free to PM me anytime but again i might be slow in replying
I'm one of the Mods on this board as well but don't be intimidated by that i'm just like one of you Very Happy

My Furry Little Friends---> sunny monkey
Quote- Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.-- Jimi Hendrix
Back to top Go down
SkullChic
SkullChic

Number of posts : 158

PostSubject: 'Allo 'allo!   Step Forward and Take a Bow Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:28 pm

Just call me SkullChic, or Skull, or "that one chic" or whatever.

I am not 100 percent sure on the "definition" of my eating disorder. I like food, and will eat, but I don't purge. I feel a lot of guilt if I feel I have eaten to much. I plan on working out like a crazed banshee after the semester is over. (WISH ME LUCK, and some will power Laughing )

I'm 21, and was diagnosed with "depression induced anorexia" last year, when my husband deployed. He's back now, and no depression, a bit more eating, but still not 2,000 calories, that's for sure.

I have embraced my "ed", such as it is, as an integral part of my being, and as long as it's not killing me, it can stay. Kind of like my tattoo's or my nose ring, it's just a body modification.

But, yeah. My family is ultra resistant to me losing any weight. My husband is trying to understand it, but he is forceful about anything. I want to lose about 20 lbs, I am 130 at 5'5" currently.

And
geek

Can't think of anything else. HAHA
Back to top Go down
spiderr

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Step Forward and Take a Bow   Step Forward and Take a Bow Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:36 pm

p.s. I'm now on myspace. You can visit me at www.myspace.com/lycosida. It's private but send me a request and we'll be friends. If you don't like the name, age, and location listed, don't worry, I change them every few days. (Thanks to Pure & Louise who suggested I put in made-up info about myself.) Not much on it yet but at some point I'll add to it. Lycosida is a type of spider (the URL spider was already taken).

I also have www.freewebs.com/spiderr, you can post in my guestbook.
Back to top Go down
Widget
Circus-Goer
Circus-Goer
Widget

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Hello!   Step Forward and Take a Bow Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:48 pm

Hello I'm Widget

I believe in a new idea I call Grey Ana - we should accept our ED as part of who we are but remember to keep it in perspective because nothing about us is perfect - including our obsession! It's not about being pro- or anti- or having any particular focus, it's just about loving ourselves, ED and all.

My blog is at http://widgetdiet.blogspot.com and I consider it a bit of a partner site. I keep a diary and also examine some of the philosophical thoughts I have had about my ED.

When I'm not obsessing over food and my body, I'm working as a secretary or writing science or science-fiction. It's a bit geeky but I love it!
Back to top Go down
http://widgetdiet.blogspot.com
avaria_grazia
Posting Posters
Posting Posters

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Step Forward and Take a Bow   Step Forward and Take a Bow Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 11:58 pm

Just wanted to say Welcome to All those who've posted and Joined Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kicking_And_Moving
Kicking_And_Moving

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Step Forward and Take a Bow   Step Forward and Take a Bow Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:45 pm

You can just call me Kam, or Pickle.
Or Kam Pickle.

I'm 18 and recently have come to terms with my ED. I'm terrified of gaining weight. Right now, I'm not looking for recovery, just support. I also suffer from Major Depressive Disorder. But, if anyone is recovering and needs a pep talk, I'm good for that. Smile

I live with my mother right now and I'm currently looking for a job. I am taking tests to get my GED since I dropped out of high school my junior year. I am friends with mirror addict (in real life). ^^
Anyways, this is me. I have many problems. I am not looking for friendships of any sorts. Just here for support.

~KP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Step Forward and Take a Bow   Step Forward and Take a Bow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Step Forward and Take a Bow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hall of Mirrors :: Ticket Booth :: WELCOME CENTER-
Jump to: