Hall of Mirrors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hall of Mirrors

This site is for pro-ed and pro-recovery. No matter what age, no matter what stage of an ed, no matter what kind of ed, you can find support and tips here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CHALLENGE: Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
spiderr
Working the Concession Stand

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-12-08

CHALLENGE:  Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week Empty
PostSubject: CHALLENGE: Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week   CHALLENGE:  Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:15 am

geek

Doing something nice for myself is a challenge for me, and I think it may be a challenge for others. So I'm challenging everyone to do something nice for themselves every week, and post it here.

I got this idea from Widget's blog (http://widgetdiet.blogspot.com). Only she was challenged to do something nice for herself every day. Don't think I'm ready for that yet, though.

Having set the challenge, I'll now have to keep up with my end of things! So this is a way of holding myself accountable.

I'll start.

This week I bought myself a guidebook to Vienna. I want to go there because it's the home of the Spanish Riding School, home of the Lippizanners. I'm highly interested in dressage, so I've long dreamt of this pilgrimage.

Reading the guidebook, I was also reminded that Vienna is also the city of coffeehouses. So what could be better for my spider dreams: horses and COFFEE!
Back to top Go down
SkullChic
SkullChic

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: CHALLENGE: Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week   CHALLENGE:  Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:11 pm

I'm going to give myself a pedicure! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kicking_And_Moving
Kicking_And_Moving

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: CHALLENGE: Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week   CHALLENGE:  Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 3:48 pm

I might get myself a haircut
Back to top Go down
spiderr

PostSubject: Re: CHALLENGE: Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week   CHALLENGE:  Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:10 pm

A new week.

I treated myself to sushi.

tongue
Back to top Go down
spiderr

PostSubject: Re: CHALLENGE: Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week   CHALLENGE:  Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 9:16 am

OK, so I didn't do anything nice for myself last week. Sad

But I've tried to make up for it this week by doing TWO nice things for myself. Very Happy

Both of which involved spending money. Mad

I bought an indestructable shoulder bag (I'm very hard on them and destroy them every chance I get.) The price was 2/3 off.

and I bought a VERY nice little pair of scissors to carry in my knitting bag. tongue It's kind of hard to explain but they fold up so the points aren't exposed when the scissors are closed. I'm thrilled with them and have already shown them off to the other girls in my knitting group.
cheers
Back to top Go down
avaria_grazia
Posting Posters
Posting Posters

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: CHALLENGE: Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week   CHALLENGE:  Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 11:43 pm

Good Job on doing something nice for yourself this week hun Smile ... can u try and see if u can do soemthing nice and self-carey w/o spending money Razz
Back to top Go down
spiderr

PostSubject: Re: CHALLENGE: Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week   CHALLENGE:  Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:53 pm

Didn't think I was going to make it but . . . today I bought myself a very nice pair of exercise pants! Basketball

I will try to think of something nice for myself that doesn't cost money, though.
Back to top Go down
spiderr

PostSubject: Re: CHALLENGE: Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week   CHALLENGE:  Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:44 pm

oooo, looks like I missed a week. Did I do anything nice for myself last week? Can't think of anything, but at least I didn't do anything evil Evil or Very Mad .

This week, I tried not to spend much extra money, but I did buy myself two blood oranges instead of the ordinary sort.

I'm quite fond of blood oranges.

geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHALLENGE: Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week   CHALLENGE:  Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHALLENGE: Do Something Nice For Yourself This Week
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hall of Mirrors :: Group Activities :: The Cafe'-
Jump to: